What it covers
The Yoto guarantee covers the repair or replacement (at Yoto’s discretion) of your Yoto product if it has been used in the manner intended, and is found to be defective due to faulty materials or workmanship within 2 years from the date of original purchase.
Your statutory consumer rights are not affected by this guarantee.
What it doesn’t cover
- Normal wear and tear
- Accidental damage
- Damage from external sources such as transit, weather, electrical outages or power surges
- Direct or indirect faults caused by:
- Negligent use, misuse, neglect or careless operation
- Use of the Yoto product not in accordance with the user manual
- When used with other products or parts that are not part of the Yoto family
- If the product has been taken apart for any reason including attempted repairs carried out by parties other than Yoto
- Natural degradation of battery performance over time
- That Yoto products will at all times operate without interruption or error
- A transfer in guarantee is not valid in the case of resale of the Yoto product
Eligibility for the Yoto guarantee
- The Yoto guarantee becomes effective at the date of purchase (or the date of delivery if this is later)
- Proof of delivery / purchase must be provided before any work can be carried out under the guarantee. Without proof, any work carried out may be chargeable. Please keep your purchase receipt or delivery note
- All work will be carried out by Yoto or a representative appointed by Yoto
- For product sent to Yoto or their representative for repair, any original parts that are replaced, faulty, or otherwise, become the property of Yoto. The product with repaired or replaced parts remains the property of the consumer
- The repair or replacement of your Yoto product under guarantee will not extend the period of the guarantee
- The terms of our return, repair and replacement process are covered by our Returns Process
- The guarantee provides benefits which are additional to and do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
- The guarantee covers domestic use of the Yoto product only
Returns Process: what to do if your product is faulty
- Send an email to email@example.com, or visit support.yotoplay.com describing your fault so we can see if we can help you without needing to return your product
- If we cannot troubleshoot and get your product working again before returning, then we will give you a Returns Authorisation Number (RAN) and email you a Returns Form
- Print the Returns Form that we email to you, and make sure you include it inside your packed returned product
- Package the return to avoid any damage, and mark it for shipping to the address we provide in the email with the RAN marked on the outside of the package
- If you are returning from an address in the USA or Canada, and your product has developed a fault in the first 30 days of ownership, then Yoto will pay for the return shipping and will confirm arrangements during this process.
- If your product has developed a fault outside of the first 30 days of ownership, or are returning from outside the USA or Canada then you will need to arrange and pay for the shipping. It is your responsibility to also arrange any insurance and packaging you deem appropriate, and you accept the responsibility of risk for any loss or damage during shipping.
- Once we have received the product, and if the item is in satisfactory condition then we will repair or replace and return it to you as soon as possible, we would expect to ship back to you within 5 working days of receipt
- For product that is faulty within the first 30 days we will offer a brand-new replacement, on receipt of your faulty product
- If the product is returned damaged, incomplete or not in the original packaging this may result either in a charge for any missing items, a reduction to any refund (if a yotoplay.com customer) to compensate for the loss in value, or the returned product being made available for your collection without refund.
Please note, if it is your responsibility to arrange shipment you will need to arrange: any insurance you deem appropriate, packaging and payment for the return of any goods under this policy, and you accept the responsibility of risk for any loss or damage during shipping. In all cases we recommend that you make sure you keep a copy of the shipping documents and your tracking number until your refund has been processed.
Yoto will pay for the return of your repaired or replaced product.
If you wish to request a refund rather than have a repair or replacement, and you purchased your Yoto product from Amazon or any other retailer, whether online or at a retail outlet, you must return them to your point of purchase. Different retailers will have different rules so please be sure to check in advance of doing so.
All Policies and Processes remain subject to change at any time. Current versions will always be available to view at the Yotoplay website